Blinds and Interior Design
What does interior design mean? I think it means making your room feel comfortable for you, and it should mean creating a home from a house. I am always surprised by the difference window dressings can make, it doesn’t matter if it is a roller blind on a kitchen window or wooden venetian blinds in a bay, this can be the final piece of the jigsaw, the part that brings it all together.
It never ceases to amaze me how much changing the blind on your window can alter the look of a room, and using bold, brightly coloured blinds, such as our Stripe Royal Stripe Roller blinds in an otherwise plain room, can really bring the space to life.
So, what are my top tips for selecting the right blind
- Establish your need – our Choosing Blinds By Feature and Suitability section can help with this
- Decide if you want the blind to be the focal point in your room –
- Try not to match colours too much – if the colours are a close but not quite a match then this can look as though you tried too hard.
- If you can’t decide on a colour scheme for the room choose a neutral colour such as our Sensation Whisper Roller as this will blend well with any colours.
- Go with your gut instinct and always choose something you like, as you will be looking at it for a long time!